- This event has passed.
TPSA-Sponsored SMEs Share Learnings at Trade Expo Indonesia
October 12, 2017- BSD City, Banten, Indonesia
On October 12, the TPSA project participated in Trade Expo Indonesia (TEI), Indonesia’s annual major export promotion fair. TPSA conducted a 2-hour session on the strategy for Indonesian exporters to enter the Canadian market titled “Exporting Coffee, Apparel, and Footwear to Canada: Innovations and Best Practices.” The session was attended by more than 100 Indonesian exporters. This year, in addition to overview presentations by TPSA experts Said Baabud on the coffee market in Canada and Rony Soerakoesoemah on the footwear and apparel market in Canada, TPSA brought three of the SMEs we are working with to share their learnings and perspectives.
- In the coffee sector, Mr. Iwannitosa Putra from PT. Meukat Komoditi Gayo spoke about key success factors he learned by participating in the TPSA project through his successful experience at a major North American coffee trade fair.
- In the apparel sector, Ms. Unik Harjuntari from CV Uniqueindo Busana Lestari shared about her learnings from being sponsored by TPSA at a recent North American trade fair. She shared information on what foreign buyers are looking for from Indonesian suppliers.
- In the footwear sector, Henny Setiadi and Lenny Setiadi from PT. Venamon spoke about critical success factors they had gained insights on from their participation in the TPSA project. They noted how their experiences being sponsored by TPSA had built their confidence to grow their business by exporting to Canada and other international markets.
- Presentation: Exporting Coffee to Canada
- Presentation: Exporting Footwear to Canada (Bahasa Indonesia only)
- Presentation: Exporting Apparel to Canada (Bahasa Indonesia only)
- Presentation: Exporting Experiences of a Coffee SME
- Presentation: Exporting Experiences of a Footwear SME
- Presentation: Exporting Experiences of a Apparel SME (Bahasa Indonesia only)
- Handout: About Trade Expo Indonesia
- Handout: Market Opportunities for Indonesian Companies to Export to Canada