- This event has passed.
Trade Negotiation Training 101
September 9, 2015 - September 10, 2015- Jakarta
Indonesia has been quite active in pursuing free trade agreement (FTA) negotiations. To better equip the Indonesian government in this regard, the TPSA project organized an introductory trade negotiation skills program September 9–10, 2015. The training was designed to prepare the participants for the Advanced Trade Negotiations Simulation Skills course that was held the following week. Topics covered included WTO general rules and principles, non-agriculture market access, the General Agreement on Trade in Services, agriculture trade negotiations, and the trade negotiation process. Fifty government officials from the Ministry of Trade, Ministry of Agriculture, Ministry of Maritime Affairs and Fisheries, and Ministry of Finance, as well as representatives from the Indonesian Chamber of Commerce & Industry (KADIN) and the Employers’ Association of Indonesia (APINDO) participated in the training program.
- Activity Brief: TPSA Project Conducts a Trade Negotiation Training Program for Indonesian Government Officials and Private Sector Representatives: A Win-Win Situation
- Presentation: Introduction to the WTO: General Rules and Principles
- Presentation: Non-Agricultural Market Access (NAMA)
- Presentation: Agricultural Trade Negotiations
- Presentation: GATS and Services Negotiations
- Presentation: Trade Negotiation Process: Strategies and Tactics