- This event has passed.
Training Program on Sustainable Coffee Farming in Bener Meriah District, Aceh
March 6, 2017 - March 8, 2017- Bener Meriah District. Aceh
The TPSA project organized a “training of trainers” program on sustainable coffee farming practices and post-harvesting. The purpose of this training was to increase Indonesian stakeholders’ knowledge and skills in sustainable and environmentally friendly coffee production and post-harvesting. Environmentally certified coffee is increasingly becoming a requirement in international markets. The trainers were from Indonesia’s leading coffee and cocoa research and training centre—Pusat Penelitian Kopi dan Kakao Indonesia (ICCRI). The training targeted Agricultural Extension Officers (AEO) who work directly with farmers and farmer leaders, thus ensuring wider dissemination. Women participants were encouraged to take part. The training was held in two key Arabica coffee production centres: Bener Meriah District, Aceh from March 6-8, 2017, and Toraja (South Sulawesi) from March 13-16, 2017.
- Activity Brief: Strengthening Indonesia’s Coffee Industry Through Sustainable Coffee Farming and Post-Harvesting
- Presentation: Sustainable Production of Gayo Arabica Coffee (Bahasa Indonesia)
- Presentation: Climate Change Impact on Coffee Crops (Bahasa Indonesia)
- Presentation: Eco-labels in Coffee (Bahasa Indonesia)
- Presentation: Eco-labelled Coffee in Canada (Bahasa Indonesia)
- Presentation: Gender Role in Coffee Industry (Bahasa Indonesia)
- Presentation: Coffee-based Agroforestry (Bahasa Indonesia)
- Presentation: Coffee Harvesting and Processing I (Bahasa Indonesia)
- Presentation: Coffee Harvesting and Processing II (Bahasa Indonesia)
- Presentation: General Standards in Coffee Bean Quality Test (Bahasa Indonesia)