- This event has passed.
Training Program on Sustainable Coffee Farming in Toraja, South Sulawesi
March 13, 2017 - March 16, 2017- Toraja Utara District. South Sulawesi
The TPSA project organized a “training of trainers” program on sustainable coffee farming practices and post-harvesting. The purpose of this training was to increase Indonesian stakeholders’ knowledge and skills in sustainable and environmentally friendly coffee production and post-harvesting. Environmentally certified coffee is increasingly becoming a requirement in international markets. The trainers were from Indonesia’s leading coffee and cocoa research and training centre—Pusat Penelitian Kopi dan Kakao Indonesia (ICCRI). The training targeted Agricultural Extension Officers (AEO) who work directly with farmers and farmer leaders, thus ensuring wider dissemination. Women participants were encouraged to take part. The training was held in two key Arabica coffee production centres: Bener Meriah District, Aceh from March 6-8, 2017, and Toraja (South Sulawesi) from March 13-16, 2017.
- Activity Brief: Strengthening Indonesia’s Coffee Industry Through Sustainable Coffee Farming and Post-Harvesting
- Presentation: Coffee Cultivation: Towards Eco-friendly Coffee Farming (Bahasa Indonesia)
- Presentation: Gender Role in Coffee Industry (Bahasa Indonesia)
- Presentation: Ecolabelled Coffee in Canada (Bahasa Indonesia)
- Presentation: Food Safety in Coffee (Bahasa Indonesia)
- Presentation: Introduction to Coffee Quality (Bahasa Indonesia)
- Presentation: The Role of Cupping Test in Coffee Industry (Bahasa Indonesia)
- Presentation: Coffee Quality is Our Responsibility (Bahasa Indonesia)