- This event has passed.
Workshop on Analyzing Non-Tariff Measures
March 14, 2016 - March 17, 2016- Jakarta
Non-tariff measures (NTM) and their trade effects is essential to understanding 21st-century trade patterns. While many NTMs are focussed on non-trade objectives, such as protecting public health or the environment, they can unintentionally become discriminatory. The ability for a country to enter new markets depends increasingly on compliance with NTMS that are not addressed in traditional trade policies. To enhance understanding of NTMs, the TPSA Project organized a training program in March 2016 for 30 government officials from the Ministry of Trade delivered by an expert from the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD). In addition to an introductory overview, the UNCTAD experts delivered in-depth assessments of NTMs in priority product markets of Indonesia. Following the workshop, the UNCTAD expert worked remotely (through Skype) with the participants to continue the training.
- Activity Brief: TPSA Project Conducts a Non-Tariff Measures Training Program for Indonesian Government Officials
- Handout: Guidelines to Collect Data on Official Non-Tariff Measures
- Handout: Non-Tariff Measures to Trade: Economic and Policy Issues for Developing Countries
- Handout: International Classification of Non-Tariff Measures
- Handout: Deep Regional Integration and Non-Tariff Measures: A Methodology for Data Analysis