- This event has passed.
TPSA SMEs Share Experiences in Exporting to Canada at Trade Expo Indonesia 2018
October 25, 2018
On October 25, the TPSA project conducted a three-hour information-sharing session on how to enter the Canadian market for Indonesian exporters as part of the Regional Forum Sessions of the 33rd Trade Expo Indonesia in BSD City, near Jakarta. The session was moderated by Ms. Olvy Andrianita from the Ministry of Trade. Three of TPSA’s SMEs from the apparel, footwear, and coffee sectors served as panelists. They shared their experiences and perspectives on opportunities for exporting to Canada. A representative of Indonesia’s export financing agency also shared information on what his organization can do to assist SMEs to export.
- Ara Siberani from Arinagata Cooperative thanked TPSA and the Ministry of Trade for being supported by the TPSA project. He shared his successful experiences and strategies for participating in and benefiting from coffee trade fairs. He noted that TPSA has helped them learn how to communicate effectively with buyers and in ways that have resulted in them subsequently exporting to Canada.
- Unik Nur Harjuntari from CV Uniqueindo Busana Lestari (Unique) shared her learnings and experiences from being coached and mentored by TPSA to participate in two trade shows. She explained that her firm has been progressing in product development, which resulted in the creation of a new product that could meet the needs of the Canadian market.
- Lisa Yumi from PT. Mainest Gaya Kreatif (Maine St.) talked about key success factors she learned from TPSA. She highlighted the importance of product development in line with the interest and needs of the market, the preparation of price lists, as well as post-trade-show sales and marketing tips.
- Indra Wijaya Supriadi from Indonesia Eximbank presented how to use the export financing facilities provided by the Government of Indonesia. He also discussed about the significant market opportunities for exporting to Canada.
Trade Expo Indonesia (TEI) is the largest trade expo in Indonesia, organized by the Directorate General of National Export Development, Ministry of Trade. For TEI 2018, the ministry invited the SMEs supported by the TPSA project to participate and promote their products at this event. The ministry provided five booths free of charge for six TPSA SMEs: Venamon and Maine St. (footwear), Bule Bule and Unique (apparel) and Aringata Co-op and Meukat Komuditi Gayo (coffee).
- Activity Brief: TPSA Project Participates in Trade Expo Indonesia From 2015 to 2018
- Presentation: Arinigata Cooperative (Coffee)
- Presentation: Unique (Apparel SME)
- Presentation: Maine St. (Footwear SME)
- Presentation: Eximbank
- Presentation: Unique (Apparel SME) (available in Bahasa Indonesia only)