Indonesia and Canada have a vibrant and expanding trade and investment partnership, with total bilateral trade amounting to $3.4 billion in 2014 and growing at 15-20% per year. Indonesia’s exports to Canada increased by 9.7 per cent between 2009 to 2013. There are a number of opportunities for exporting products and services from Indonesia to Canada.
Why Export to Canada?
Canada is a great place for Indonesian firms to export to: Although Canada is a smaller market than the U.S., it actually imports almost twice as much as the U.S. on a per capita basis. Canada has a strong and growing economy with high-income consumers and approximately 1.4 million Canadians of Asian descent. This offers Indonesian exporters substantially higher sales potential in Canada compared to many other markets.
Are you interested in exporting to Canada?
Exporting to Canada: The Step-by-Step Guide
- Step 1: Assessing Export Readiness
- Step 2: Conducting a SWOT Analysis
- Step 3: Preparing an Export Plan
- Step 4: Market Research
- Step 5: Developing a Canadian Marketing Strategy
- Step 6: Entering The Canadian Market
- Step 7: Completing the Sale
- Step 8: Meeting Indonesian Export Requirements
- Step 9: Meeting Canadian Import Requirements
- Step 10: Shipping Goods From Indonesia to Canada
Business tools and information to help your exports succeed
TPSA offers Indonesian Subject Matter Experts a variety of tools and information to help Indonesian exporters evaluate, penetrate, and succeed in Canadian markets.
- A Step-by-Step Guide for Indonesian SMEs to Export to Canada
- Canadian market requirements, standards, and regulations for select products
- Product-specific information for Indonesian companies exporting coffee, clothing, or footwear
- Market research reports for Indonesian companies exporting coffee, clothing, or footwear